Background





Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Geez Louise!

It's been a week since I blogged, and I'm sorry! But the past week has been so crazy. Last Wednesday and Thursday we had our Parent Orientation nights. 5th and 6th grade was Wednesday; 7th and 8th was Thursday. I'm also PTO teacher rep, so I worked the PTO table Wednesday, then had orientation Thursday. I didn't get home until 10 either night! Then I spent all day Saturday moving my sister into her college dorm.

Yesterday was our first day, and I did an "Intro to Me" sheet and went over the syllabus. I sent home a parent letter to be signed that also asked for email addresses and a sheet for the parents to fill out about the kids. I got almost all of the signature sheets back today! I was so impressed! Out of 137 kids, I'm missing something like 7. Sweet! I also got at least half of the other sheets back even though they aren't due until Friday. For eighth graders that's unheard of!

Today we did a procedures jigsaw. I was super impressed! I didn't have to tell a single group all day that they were too loud while working with their groups! And the kids really liked the activity. I typed up details for twelve procedures and hung them around the room. I divide the kids into 6 groups and assigned each group two procedures. They learned about their procedure and took notes, then I re-grouped them so they could teach their group about the procedures. Way more fun than having me stand up there telling them each procedures!

I'd write more, but I'm so tired I just tried to twist the knob on my bi-fold door laundry room, then thought, "Crap! Who locked this?" I think that means it's bedtime!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment